I have made no secret that potty training Hank has been a struggle. Every time I go to Costco and put the box of Pull-Ups in the cart I announce to Hank and anyone within earshot that this is absolutely the last box I am going to purchase. We’ve been playing this game for well over a year.
I had no problems with the girls. Night time potty training was almost immediate after initial potty training. They were easy. Apparently so were all 4 of my mother-in-law’s children because she is always at the ready with a *helpful* suggestion.
Every time Hank has spent the night at her house in the past year, she wakes him up every few hours to use the bathroom. I was resistant to trying this because I don’t see how waking Hank up every few hours is going to translate into him waking himself. Also, it was my mother-in-law’s suggestion, so….
On Christmas, my mother-in-law was present when we ran out of Pull-Ups. Again, she told us what she did. It has been over two weeks of waking Hank up several times a night to use the bathroom. It gives me no pleasure to say it wasn’t successful.
- Number of consecutive days Hank hasn’t wet the bed – 0
- The most times Hank has wet the bed in one night – 4
- Average loads of daily laundry generated by just Hank – 3
- Number in pounds at which Hank will have to switch from Pull-Ups to Depends – 70
- Number of times my mother in law has given unsolicited advice reference potty training – 1,000
- Chances Hank will get lucky at his senior prom – 5 out of 10. Even if he’s finally out of Pull-Ups, he still has the helmet to contend with.
Latest posts by Poppy (see all)
- Funny or Snot RIP - August 21, 2013
- Mother and Daughter Triathletes – Memories Captured - June 13, 2013
- Old School Blogging – June Edition - June 10, 2013